Institut für Astronomie und Astrophysik
Abteilung AstronomieSand 1, D-72076 Tübingen, Germany
Hinweis: Einige Seiten auf astro.uni-tuebingen.de können veraltet sein und werden nicht mehr aktualisiert.
Note: Some webpages at astro.uni-tuebingen.de may be outdated and will no longer be updated.
D. Klochkov (1), R. Staubert (1), S. Tsygankov (2), A. Lutovinov (2), K. P. Postnov (3), N. I. Shakura (2), S. A. Potanin (3), C. Ferrigno (4), I. Kreykenbohm (1), J. Wilms (5)
(1) Institut für Astronomie und Astrophysik, University of Tübingen, Sand 1, 72076 Tübingen, Germany
(2) Space Research Institute, Moscow, Russia
(3) Sternberg Astronomical Institute, 119992, Moscow, Russia
(4) INAF IASF-Pa, via U. La Malfa 153, 90146 Palermo, Italy
(5) Department of Physics, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV8 1GA, UK
To be published in: Proceed. 6th INTEGRAL Conf., Moscow, July 2006
Abstract. First results of observations of the low mass X-ray binary Her X-1/HZ Her performed by the INTEGRAL satellite in July-August 2005 are presented. A significant part of one 35 day main-on state was covered. The cyclotron line in the X-ray spectrum is well observed and its position and shape, as well as its variability with time and phase of the 1.24 s pulsation are explored. X-ray pulse profiles for different energy bands are studied throughout the observation. The pulse period is found to vary on short time scales revealing a dynamical spin-up/spin-down behavior. Results of simultaneous optical observations of HZ Her are also discussed.
Preprint (246 kb PDF file including figures)
[Home Page] [Preprints 2006] [Quick Reference] [Feedback]
Last modified 25 Jan 2007